Work with us
INTERMEDIA IS HIRING!
Do you have what it takes to join InterMedia’s dynamic research team? InterMedia is on the lookout for talented research professionals who will fit in well with our team in Washington DC and Nairobi. We are always looking out for talent.
If you are hardworking, energetic, eager to provide superior service to our clients and want to see how your research really can change lives, we want to hear from you! We work with a broad spectrum of clients – from philanthropic foundations (e.g. An ongoing 8 country program of research funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation) and international aid agencies (USAID, UNCDF, UNICEF), to global media and commercial firms (e.g. BBG, BBC, Avalere) – we help make a positive difference in the world through our research. Our researchers travel the globe, working across Africa, Asia, Middle East, and Latin America and see our research real-time, on-the-ground, witnessing real impact and real change.
If our mission matches your interests, please send your CV in PDF or MS Word format to email@example.com or by clicking on the LinkedIn logo.
Current & Active Openings (Active as of June 28th, 2016)
Staff Accountant (1/18/17) – New Position – Job Description available here
Research Interns – New Positions! (1/14/17) – Click here for the Job Profile
Research Managers – 1/16/17 (Senior & Junior will be considered for upcoming new contracts) – Click here for the Job Profile
InterMedia is also seeking to expand its bank of talented consultants to support short- and long-term projects which are coming under contract this spring/summer. If you have at least four years of professional experience that includes relevant subject-matter expertise, practical work experience in developing countries, an advanced degree, and foreign language skills, you have an opportunity to be included on our Consultant List and we may reach out to you as soon as this summer to work with us on some upcoming contracts. We are particularly interested in consultants with experience in the areas of financial inclusion, global health and immunization, international broadcasting/media research, international development focussed contracts (smallholder farming, poverty, gender based research, etc). Please see below for more details on the skills and experience we are intersted in.
If you would like to be reached through LinkedIn, please include the URL of your LinkedIn profile in your CV.
If you have previously applied for a position at InterMedia but would like to update your resume and/or remind us of your availability for assignments in 2016 and 2017, please re-send your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mark the subject line with CONSULTANT OPPORTUNITY so that we can identify clearly which opportunity you are interested in.
InterMedia currently seeks consultants with the following skills and experience:
- Survey Sampling Statisticians experienced in calculating statistical power, sampling error, design effect, non-response adjustment, post-stratification calibration and data weighting, with proficiency in a range of quantitative analysis software packages such as SPSS, STATA and R and ideally LISREL and/or AMOS. Proficient in using syntax and programming.
- Social Impact Evaluators experienced in current social-impact methodology, including developing and evaluating shared value models and adapting developmental evaluation approaches.
- Digital Metrics Specialists with deep experience in measuring digital engagement across leading social media platforms; Social Media Strategists experienced in developing engagement strategies for international development, strategic communications and global media organizations.
- Digital Financial Services/Mobile Money Specialists with knowledge and experience in conducting research focused on either the supply or the demand (user) side of the digital financial ecosystem. We also seek experts in the technological, commercial or regulatory aspects of mobile money and digital financial services to provide technical input on our research projects.
- Quantitative Survey and Analytics Specialists, including survey sampling statisticians with expertise in developing multi-stage sampling strategies in challenging global environments. Of special interest are professionals experienced in multi-variate analysis emphasizing value and attitudinal segmentation and predictive modeling, regression and structural equation modeling, correspondent, conjoint and CHAID analysis and familiarity with statistical analysis software including SPSS and Stata.
- Big Data Specialists experienced in identifying on- and off-line data sources and working with open-source software and tools to develop client-focused insight solutions for international development and strategic
- GIS Data Mapping Expertise, including familiarity with ArcGIS and related ESRI products and Google Earth in cluster-sampling data-collection methodologies and general data mapping and visualization.
- Country and Regional Specialists experienced in managing field research and/or evaluating aid programs in Africa, the Middle East, Asia and Latin America.
- Expertise in Media and Communications in one or more of the following areas: mobile financial services; strategic communication; public diplomacy; behavior and attitude change; consumer behavior; and public health.
InterMedia employs several interns each semester who may be involved with a number of aspects of our work including Research, Data Visualization, Graphics, Social Media, Marketing & Communications. We will have several opportunities this summer for interns in these areas so please send your resumes to email@example.com, marking them clearly in the subject line with INTERN OPPORTUNITIES and your area of focus. Due to the volume of applications we get, we want your resume to stand out but we are unable to respond to every single application.